Native American Cultural Celebration
The dates for this event have already occurred, please check back again for new dates.
- Presented By: Fresno Pacific University
- Dates: November 1, 2021
- Location: Fresno Pacific University
- Address: 1717 S. Chestnut Ave., Fresno, CA 93702
- Time: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Price: free
The art and culture of local Native American tribes will be honored Friday, November 5, 2021, on the main Fresno Pacific University campus, 1717 S. Chestnut Ave., Fresno. The event is free and open to the public.
The Native American Cultural Celebration will be from 1:00-5:00 p.m. The schedule of events will include:
• 1:00 p.m.: Opening ceremony, cultural blessing, drumming and history of area tribes
• 1:30-3:00 pm: Weaving demonstrations and other classes; lunch featuring Indian tacos
• 3:00-5:00 pm: Classes, demonstrations, vendors, children’s activities
About eight-10 vendors/teachers will demonstrate crafted items for daily utility, ceremony and play including pine needle baskets, gathering trays, cradleboards, walnut dice games, Tule ducks, drums, fish traps and more. The celebration will be led by Jennifer Malone from the Wukchumni Tribe and is a collaboration between the FPU Intercultural Learning Center and Peacemaking and Conflict Studies Department.
For questions or additional information please contact Patty Salinas, firstname.lastname@example.org or Breanne Wyse, email@example.com.