About the FCVBER Foundation
The mission of the Fresno Convention & Visitors Bureau Education and Research Foundation is to champion destination development in Fresno County through education, research and participation with initiatives that enhance the value of the tourism assets within our community.
The Fresno Convention & Visitors Bureau Education and Research Foundation exists to improve business conditions and accelerate economic development in Fresno County through the establishment of travel & tourism education, advocacy, empirical research, and student intern partnerships with local universities.
This multifaceted approach to travel & tourism for Fresno County, all of which pertain to travel and hospitality industry, stimulate travel, foster job growth, and increase convention & hospitality activities in the area.
Specific Objectives and Purpose
1) Research travel & tourism-related impacts, including economic, hospitality, and community based issues.
2) Networks, interact, and collaborate to create partnerships with individuals and organizations that focus on tourism within the local community, state, country, and the world.
3) Report & publish tourism research for FCCVB staff, industry partners, public officials, institutions of education, and community organizations.
4) Increase revenue to organization through grant writing and alternative funding sources.
5) Continue Internship Program with California State University, Fresno.